Customer Support OfficerBack to all
- Schedule Type
United Kingdom, Glasgow TML
We’re changing the mortgage market for the better, helping more people with flexible and competitive products. We're transforming how we do business and are looking for someone to help shape our digital future.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
TML is a specialist intermediary-only mortgage lender that provides products and criteria that meet the needs of borrowers who are not served by the high street.
Role & Responsibilities
- Customer Support Officers will refer to and apply, as appropriate, the relevant Arrears Management & Repossession Policy when considering the most suitable solution(s) for the customer
- Customer Support Officers will consistently provide a high quality of service to customers, considering the customer’s individual circumstances, including root cause and affordability when agreeing appropriate solutions
- Customer Support Officers are required to ensure all activities and interactions are conducted in a professional manner, and where appropriate deliver correctly documented commentaries that are customer focused, and up to date
- Customer Support Officers are required to follow and adhere to the relevant processes and procedures, within their mandate, when handling customer inquiries
- Customer Support Officers will maintain high standards when dealing with enquiries from customers and colleagues demonstrating a desire and willingness to listen and take appropriate action when necessary
- Customer Support Officers, where appropriate, will liaise with relevant third parties when handling inquiries, ensuring adherence to TML’s Data Protection Policy
- Customer Support Officers will refer cases to their line management, where appropriate, including agreeing to enquiries / solutions out-with their mandate
- Customer Support Officers are required to demonstrate that they have considered and applied the principles of Treating Customer Fairly
- Customer Support Officers are expected to contribute to the flow of communication within the team, by actively participating in staff meetings
- Customer Support Officers will assist the Team Leader Customer Support in the effective operation of the Customer Support area
- Treating Customers Fairly’ (TCF) is central to the FCA’s expectations of firms’ conduct and that all staff will be required to demonstrate a knowledge of this key operating principle which will be incorporated into TML’s operations
- Note taking, capturing customers’ requests and enquiries accurately
- Productivity levels are within acceptable department standards
- To minimise the number of repetitive enquiries from customers, adopting a ‘getting it right first time’ approach
- Adherence and achievement of Service Level Agreements
- Working within their allocated mandate and escalating when appropriate
- Actively participates in and contributes to departmental meetings including making suggestions to improve processes or (where applicable) amend policy
- Demonstrates a full understanding of regulation as it affects the management of customer accounts.
- Supporting colleagues
- Continued adherence to the company’s training and monitoring programme which includes, Anti Money Laundering/Financial Crime, Treating Customers Fairly, Anti Bribery and Corruption
- Experience within the secured lending or residential or commercial mortgage market.
- Significant experience of Mortgage Collections/Arrears Handling process.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and in particular, Treating Customers Fairly
- Experience of liaising with third parties such as solicitors. (Preferred)
- PC skills including MS Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
Your Wellbeing – we take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include
- Marketing leading family friendly family policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) – offers in you support on a wide range of subject including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme & death in Service
Your lifestyle – it is important that you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holidays through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Health cashback plan through BHSF
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your contribution – We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Wobblers recognition scheme focused on recognising out role models and thanking out colleagues for a job well done