Business Analyst / Project ManagerBack to all
- Schedule Type
United Kingdom, Glasgow
We’re changing the mortgage market for the better, helping more people with flexible and competitive products. We're transforming how we do business and are looking for someone to help shape our digital future.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
TML is a specialist intermediary-only mortgage lender that provides products and criteria that meet the needs of borrowers who are not served by the high street.
The Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to Projects & Change Director, the department and role covers business change and formal project delivery, both technical & non-technical projects.
Working with the system, application, product, and service development team comprising of programme managers, project managers, business analysts, developers
It is a fast-paced environment with multiple change projects underway – this role will suit someone who is ambitious, unfazed by busy and who wants to succeed. Hone your project expertise and benefit from excellent exposure and development opportunities.
- Manage business analysis, projects & change through the full life cycle, from initiation through to implementation including early life support in production
- Develop the scope and design for projects and create detailed delivery plans
- Create business cases and user stories
- Document clear and accurate business requirements and user stories
- Create and document process and workflow diagrams, system schematic diagrams (for users) and/or procedural documents
- Manage user acceptance testing including creating appropriate test cases, initial test cycles, and coordinating the testing with business users
- Strong Consumer duty focus on end-user in design, anticipating requirements, suggesting areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Create Training / other materials with business owners to support implementation of changes
- Proactively prepare the business for readiness ahead of go live
- Communicate progress updates, milestone summaries and overall project progress
- Co-ordinate workstream activities, agree milestones and gather updates from business / project team members
- Maintain change logs and RAID logs, identify & escalate risk or threats appropriately
- Ensure agreed methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the change & project lifecycle
- Ensure all 3rd party suppliers are engaged appropriately
- Proven track record of working within Mortgage Lending.
- First-hand experience of all key elements of project and change delivery for both Business and Digital projects.
- You have delivered projects to develop Mortgage Lending platforms (and associated rules engines, 3rd party providers etc) CRMs and Telephony systems.
- Coordinating and chairing stakeholder workshops
- Documenting complex requirements formally, asking the right questions and distil these into deliverables
- Excellent planning skills, experience of creating milestone / project plans
- Create test plans, working with the SMEs to ensure outcomes meet expectations
- Manage implementation and readiness activities
- Adhere to governance controls including record keeping, approvals and sign off processes
- Analyse, summarise, and present new initiatives or innovation ideas
- Experienced in stakeholder management, balancing diplomacy, and tact with assertiveness
- Effective reporting writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail & consistent – same high standards, right first-time goal for every deliverable
- Technically literate, with advanced Excel and Project software skills with ability to learn new systems quickly
- Enthusiastic & Positive – your first thought is to find solutions and act as a positive force for change
Your Wellbeing – we take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include
- Marketing leading family friendly family policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) – offers in you support on a wide range of subject including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme & death in Service
Your lifestyle – it is important that you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holidays through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Health cashback plan through BHSF
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your contribution – We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Wobblers recognition scheme focused on recognising out role models and thanking out colleagues for a job well done