Application Support SpecialistBack to all
- Schedule Type
United Kingdom, Flexible Location
We’re changing the mortgage market for the better, helping more people with flexible and competitive products. We're transforming how we do business and are looking for someone to help shape our digital future.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
TML is a specialist intermediary-only mortgage lender that provides products and criteria that meet the needs of borrowers who are not served by the high street.
The Role & Responsibilities
Working within the IT team, this role offers the opportunity to expand your knowledge into most aspects of IT due to the varied nature of the work.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out a varied role within the team from providing IT support to the 200 employees within TML to supporting the software and telephony systems in use. You will need to be able to think quickly, deal with multiple problems at the same time and be confident in investigating anything from data issues to software bugs as well as hardware or software configuration issues.
The growing nature of the business also means change will be happening within the key software applications in use and you will be required to be involved with the changes taking place on the systems such as software configuration and software testing
- There is an ongoing project to migrate the TML infrastructure into the Microsoft Azure Cloud which will require the successful candidate to assist with the testing of the systems as they are migrated
- Ideally you should have experience of supporting, configuring and testing software applications within the mortgage industry with a knowledge of structured languages / SQL to support the analysis and configuration work required within the role
- Completing daily jobs and tasks in support of the business team
- Dealing with 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support issues, data issues, software bugs, hardware or software configuration issues and talking to users about their problems to identify any area(s) to be investigated
- Configuration of software applications
- Liaise directly with 3rd party vendors for support and change requests
- Running SQL scripts to identify and resolve any data issues
- Working directly with stakeholders, understanding their requirements, and configuring the software applications to deliver approved change requests
- Testing the software to ensure it is fit for purpose before handing over to the business UAT teams
- Liaising with the UAT teams to deliver testing sign off
- Experience of working in an IT support environment providing 1st / 2nd line support
- Experience of configuring software applications based on business requirements
- Experience of testing software applications and systems
- Programming knowledge is not required however, a good technical background, plus experience of the following would be an advantage:
- MS SQL Server and / or T-SQL
- Windows Scripting Languages
- Website support
- Working in the financial services sector with knowledge of mortgage systems, preferably DPR
- Knowledge of infrastructure support
- Experience of managing change within an organisation
- Experience of liaising directly with vendors
- ITIL qualification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details and be analytical in your approach to work
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Pro Active
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Wobblers recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done